Sunday 23 June 2013

OpenCV experiment setup notes





































So far I have been playing with 3 robot arms.  Arm #1 has 2 servo motors and 1 stepping motor.  Arm #2 has 4 servo motors.  Arm #3 has only 1 servo motor.

For OpenCV experiments, I think it is making things too complicated using robot arms with too many degrees of freedom, because the objective is not robot arm control, but computer vision.  Therefore I have decided to forget the 2 big robot arms and use the simplest arm, with only 1 servo.

The other thing is that the camera tripod is very good to adjust the position of the webcam C920.  However, it is not easy to repeat the position adjustment, because again the tripod has too many degrees of freedom.

Therefore I decided to forget using the tripod.  Instead I will use onepod instead of tripod.

.END

No comments:

Post a Comment