Thursday 20 June 2013

OpenCV installation notes - detaring opencv tar file

So I followed Mitchtech's instructions to detar the opencv file.  I appreciate Michael's consideration to the linux newbie in providing the commands, so I can blindly copy the commands.  Otherwise I would be too lazy to find out the tar parameters -xvjpf myself.  I am also not confident that rm is the correct way to kill/delete (remove) a file.

Anyway, I successfully detared the big 32MB file.  I watched the detaring process and noticed that detar created a document directory and there is a pdf file called opencv tutorial.  This is very useful for me, because I dond't know where to find the most up to date tutorial.

pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision $ ls
install_opencv_01.sh  OpenCV-2.3.1           wget_opencv_source.sh
install_opencv_02.sh  OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2
pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision $ rm OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2
rm: remove write-protected regular file `OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2'? y
pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision $ cd OpenCV-2.3.1/
pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision/OpenCV-2.3.1 $ mkdir build
pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision/OpenCV-2.3.1 $ cd build
pi@raspberrypi ~/fongvision/OpenCV-2.3.1/build $


Raspberry Pi + OpenCV POSTED BY MICHAEL ON JUN 14, 2012

http://mitchtech.net/raspberry-pi-opencv/

...

Next, pull down the source files for OpenCV using wget:

wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/files/opencv-unix/2.3.1/OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2

Once finished downloading, extract the archive, remove the no longer needed archive (to save space), change directory to the top of the source tree, make a directory for the build, and change into it:

tar -xvjpf OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2

rm OpenCV-2.3.1a.tar.bz2

cd OpenCV-2.3.1/

mkdir build

cd build

.END





No comments:

Post a Comment